Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Generation Kill(ing Time on Sundays)


As anyone taking the subway unblindered can attest, Generation Kill is coming. July 13th at 9pm to be precise. The book was really disturbing. The guys from The Wire are producing. And while I've never been a huge fan of TV dinners, I do think this would be a fun excuse to revive family dinners over the summer. Seven one hour episodes, seven different meals??Seven different themes??? I'll volunteer to cook meal#1 which will be 100% deep-fried to symbolize the fact that war was really all about oil to begin with. 

5 comments:

  1. Oh what. I can't promise attendance at all dinners, but I'm down for at least a few.

    David Simon makes David Chase look like David Spade!

    Viva McNulty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will volunteer our (Ashley and mine) place for a few of those dinners. I already have the Tivo Programmed...to make sure I dont miss an episode.

    Viva Omar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ben is not cooking any deep-fried meal in my house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, shit, totally forgot about this already. BUT I hear that it:

    -has dozens of characters which are hard to keep track of
    -features lots of impossible to decipher jargon and slang
    -is awesome

    So, sounds like The Wire Goes to War. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete