Friday, December 14, 2007

IT IS TIME

I was sitting with Jonny talking and he mentioned, and I didn't believe it but it is true ladies and gentlemen. It has been 4.. count em'... almost 4 years since Roommate Olympics. Probably one of the best days of our youth! Cheers for Roommate Olympics! So, this year it is meant to happen again!
DATE: The last weekend in MAY. MAY 31 and JUNE 1. (Open to other suggestions)
PLACE: NYC or perhaps Roommate Olympics in Greenport (Athas?)
ACTIVITIES: Open to suggestions. Although I am sure that a bonus point goes to the person that can retrieve the ONE Family Reunion T-shirt that is not directly in the family. Loss of one point to the person that actually gave away the T-Shirt.
Suggestions:
* Team Boggle
* Dogbowl
* Triathalon (gaming, drinking, playing)
Rules, schedule and eligibility to come later

I will be working on this throughout the year... so start warming up! Get your partner hyped and BRING IT ON!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, the gauntlet is thrown. USROC chairman will begin revising events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Other suggestions:

    -Wii Bowling (Guitar Hero is out because I would destroy you all too easily)
    -Chili cookoff/Brownie bakeoff
    -Ross Toss

    and of course

    -BOBA FETT CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we should stick to the original concept of a 2 day decathlon with 5 categories and 2 events per category. Meaning max 2 "self-destructive." We have to keep the "newlywed game" and scavenger hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, do we need new partners? This could rock the olympic movement...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know... I need your advice! Lets plan away... I like the Wii Idea, and perhaps dance dance generation? That would be hilarious! Scavenger hunt is totes in and newlyweds of course.

    Partners... I think the USROC committee should debate this...

    ReplyDelete
  6. If the Boba Fett Challenge is happening, I need Hubert on my team. And Athas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dave,

    Shut the fuck up. You're taking it to the dome, and that's that.

    All love,

    Lenny Dykstra

    ReplyDelete
  8. first of all, did somebody actually GIVE AWAY the t-shirt?!?! that is absolutely crushing.

    second, ross toss!

    third, i love my current room(soul)mate. but i think we need to go back to original teams (plus new ones of course). and we need to lure back the folks who've wandered away: mike + matt, hasani, joe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa! Lure back? The USROC couldn't keep me from participating even if they framed me for blood doping (you know, to increase my body's ability to break down alcohol).

    Though, I have to say, things could get dicey for me with the suggested date. Whatever internship I get for this summer will probably start that first week in June. Unless I'm working for the Mets, that will probably mean my having to be elsewhere in the country for that May 31/June 1 weekend. So let's hope for the Mets.

    ReplyDelete
  10. knock some sense into minaya's head.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know what newlyweds is, but I'm pretty sure Bootleg and I could kick everyone's ass at it. Boots, you better get back to the US for this.

    ReplyDelete