Monday, August 27, 2007

Scorpions v. White Rabbits

First off, I like White Rabbits, I really do. Good music, good people, I look forward to seeing them live when I return someday.

Having said that, I found their first video something of a cock tease. I mean, maybe it's just because the word "plot" was so prominent in the link, but I was expecting some sort of story--y'know, the lead singer has a crush on some chick in Williamsburg, and he sings p to her window from the sidewalk, and in the end they get in an elevator, he gives her flowers, and she tosses them over her shoulder and starts kissing him as the elevator doors close. Instead, the "plot" of the video seemed to be "Someone in White Rabbits has a digital camera." Kte, I think your brother deserves better.

I posted the video of Scorpions "Rock You Like A Hurricane" as an example of the kind of video they should do next. However, after watching it, I realize that the "plot" such as it is is totally unintelligible. So I'd like to invite everyone to watch the video, and post their best guess as to what the fuck is going on.

Here's my thought: The year is 5049. All the men have been replaced my cloth-faced homeless people in big white collars. The women of the future can turn into panthers at will. Also, they have cryogenically frozen the band Scorpions. Once every 666 years, they unfreeze them, and allow them to play "Rock You Like A Hurricane." They are caged during their performance, both to prevent their escape, and to protect them from the frenzied cat women, who haven't seen a real man since the Great Interplanetary Crisis of 3918.

In any case, I hope White Rabbits take a cue from Scorpions for their next video, and create something that makes absolutely no sense, but involves a cage, big cats, a long haired drummer mouthing the words of his own song into the camera, and the treacherous "twisted wrist mic move" the lead singer pulls off toward the end.

1 comment:

  1. what i want to know is what happened to the shoot at "sonny's" bar in red hook? my chances for fame are shot now.

    ReplyDelete