Monday, July 9, 2007

NICA VOCAB LESSON...

Sopa de Albondigas: Not quite chicken noodle soup, not quite matzah ball soup, but chickencornmeatball soup with yuca, ayote, and papas.

Avena: An oatmeal sugar-water drink in which you don´t actually get to the oatmeal until you´ve finished the sugar-water.




Fachenta: Another word for high class!, which is what this group of big ballers was in having to pay a full $1.50 for use of this pool.


Gringa/Chela: Super-whitey-mcwhitewhite...Adz, sunburned after 5 minutes, posing in front of the "magnificent" view of Ocotal.

SALVAJE!!!!
(open to interpretation)

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Adz and Joe. Long time lurker, first time poster. I am going to be in Ocotal August 10-13 for a friend's wedding. My understanding is, my hotel will have a pool. Perhaps a similar pool to the aforepictured one? Are you still going to be there? Apparently my lurking hasn't really given me any concrete information about your logistics or travel dates.

    -Stephen

    ReplyDelete
  2. is that a big blue condom adz is about to wrap her mouth around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I think it is a large cucumber wrapped in a big blue condom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to see the family reunion shirt got to see some of europe and central america.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stephen,
    I think I may be in town the 12th or 13th but might be in Costa Rica. You should stay through the 15th, that is the week of the patron saints festival which should be a lot of fun. And my going away party on the 14th...which will also be a blast.
    Keep me posted!
    Adz adzsalcedo@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete