Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Here's the Part Where I Ask You All for Money

So, my fellow JJ8ers, as many of you know, I'm running a half-marathon on October 18th to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I’m doing this to challenge myself, to get in Linda Hamilton Terminator shape, to take up time that was spent drinking (so I have A LOT of extra time), to celebrate that I've quit drinking (it will be a year Ocvtober 21st), but mostly, to honor my mother, Yvette, who died of leukemia in 1990. She was 33; I was 11.

I need to raise $3900 by September 30, but since I won't be winning any races ever, I'd like to raise more to satisfy my competitive streak. You can donate by going to my LLS Fundraising page at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/nikesf09/cwensley (the title of this post should be live link to my page... um, maybe). Also, if your company/sports franchise/restaurant/school/whatever wants to support a great cause, a sweet tax write-off, good press, and/or to have their name and logo emblazoned somewhere on my person, they can also sponsor me.

I realize that this is a little of a Christy-story of a post, but I'm actually really happy and excited about doing this for my brave, fiercely protective, loyal, hot-tempered, animal-saving, kind, sharp tongued, beautiful, crazy, amazing mother.

6 comments:

  1. Words I love to hear from those sophisticated grey-haired men I know and love (which would be you and my dad).

    Thank you, Raju.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get first dibs on feeling up the Linda Hamilton muscles. Yum!

    Rooting for you lady!

    xo-n

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Christy!!! We are all really proud of you.

    ReplyDelete