Monday, April 27, 2009

I was there last night



This was amazing! I was looking right down the third base line as this happened. The ovation that followed was unlike anything I've seen at a game before. I've been at games where guys hit epic homers, and the crowd goes crazy, but basically those just become party situations. For this, it was the longest sustained roar I have ever heard of people screaming at the top of their lungs for a solid minute because they couldn't believe that they had just been witness to a steal of home plate. It was incredible!

4 comments:

  1. I thought the Nation had turned on Jacoby Ellsburry? I guess you need someone new to root for now that Big Papi can't juice anymore. Oh, wait, we're not supposed to talk about that. He naturally has the profile of a cro-magnon.

    -bitter

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real bitter pill here is all that time spent praying for an end to Manny/Ortiz, who despite killing the Yanks for years were pretty tough to dislike on a basic human level.

    Now Manny's gone and Ortiz blows, and instead we have to suffer through Pig Nose and Cod Lips, who are just as killer but with none of the redeeming qualities.

    ReplyDelete