Thursday, August 28, 2008

Washington DC... here YOU come!



Dear Matt BL,
Thank you for being the first of the family to come and visit me!

Dear rest of the family,
COME VISIT ME!!

Imagine the buzz in this city when Obama and Michelle take their place. The excitment, the sheer mania that will ensue on his inagural day. People might move from wearing navy blue suits with light blue shirts to colors. Party conversations might include more than "what do you do for a living" as intro questions. So brush up on your political banter and start planning for a DC trip.

Just to catch you up on what I have been doing:
* I got a job at this cool community organization called the Latin American youth center, two blocks away from where I live. Ill be a foster care social worker which should be challenging but a good way to get to know my community and all the players.
* I live in Mt. Pleasant with my people! It is like a central american Washington Heights! Roadside foodstands, pupusas, tacos, Spanish, cheap labor, queso blanco, and loud music in restaurants.
* Ummm, I am getting a little bit domestic in getting Amos and my apt togther. This hopefully will end soon so that I can deny ever wondering what color credenza I want (WTF is a credenza?... EXACTLY!), what color goes best with the kitchen cabinets, and what systems we need to get in place. But the outcome is that by the time you come, the place will be lovely for your stay.
* As my days of lady of leisuring end, I can say that I tried Bikram yoga, Zumba, jogging, eating LOADS of food, some daytime drinking, concerts on the great lawn, Superman on the mall, the hope diamond, all the free museums (one of the only better things than NYC), and getting used to being in DC.

4 comments:

  1. adz the DC adventures sound like a blast.... we will definitely make it down there soon. maybe 1-20-09????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, to summarize - Adz and Amos have a GORGEOUS apartment in a sweet neighborhood, DC has a few too many meatheads but enough great food and drink to more than make up for it.

    Visit away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. please, please, please pull any string and sleep with anyone you can to get tickets to the inauguration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I can probably bag Palin's daughter that HUSSY

    ReplyDelete