Monday, August 6, 2007

Cat TRAUMA!!!

Was woken this morning at 7am to Katie screaming, "GET OLIVER!" and a weird barking/crying coming from the window where Oliver was sitting. As i leaped out of bed to get Oliver, it became shockingly and heartbreakingly clear what was happening: he was eating our new kitten. I jumped at the window to save the baby. Oliver, alert, eluded my grasp and bolted down the hall. Stopping on a dime, i spun and was on his tail instantly as we charged into the living room. a quick left through the breakfast nook and i had my chance. Oliver ran under the dinner table and was seemingly trapped against the window with half eaten cat hanging from his mouth. I dove. With full Matrix style Oliver ran up the window and landed on the table above me. Bruised, bloodied and sitting under a table, i turned to find Katie still screaming. "I NEED TO SEE THE KITTY!," as she followed down the hall picking up pieces of dismembered kitten and placing them into a bloody towel. She ran to the front door, "I NEED TO SEE IF THE KITTY IS OUT HERE," and was gone. Moments later as I reached the front door Katie was back, "Oh here she is." Behind me, the kitten is bounding down the hall to see what's happening and to playfully attack my feet.

Huh?

So what really happened:

Katie woke up to a weird barking/crying coming from outside the bedroom window. She became instantly convinced that our new kitten had crawled through a hole in the screen and was now being eaten by a dog on the sidewalk. She screamed: "GET THE KITTEN!" I, startled from a deep sleep and completely blind, totally misread the situation. What followed was exactly as I described, except for the visions of half-eaten and dismembered kitten. I really can't see a thing without my contact lenses.

11 comments:

  1. So the dismembered kitten parts, what did they really turn out to be?

























    (please say human baby, please say human baby, please say human baby!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I'm setting the over/under of number of heart attacks suffered by Christy during the reading of this post at 4.

    And I'm taking the over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, methinks this vision cannot be entirely blamed by the lack of contact lenses. I would lay off the ambien, so that poor Katie doesn't have to follow your rampages in the morning, picking up the pieces of ketchup soaked dryer sheets that you and the cat have been eating since 4am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's safe to say that if this blog were a baseball team, we'd have a team ERA of 0.67, no one would be batting less than .375, and we just won our fifth consecutive world series.

    Jay Jay Eight & Family... I salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taking the over is a smart move... I read it at work and now everyone thinks that Excel spreadsheets make me scream and/or cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, josh you cannot fuck with us like that. I suffered at least 10 heart attacks.

    ummm... and if you really though Oliver has dismembered the kitten, how do you sleep at night if you believe him capable of such murderous impulses??

    ReplyDelete
  7. we have named the kitten...

    rhubarb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Never rub another man's Rhubarb" - Jack Napier, 1989

    I assume she'll usually be referred to as Rhuby?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had a kitty that was dismembered by a neighbor cat in the DR. Talk about chidhood trauma and probably the root of our aversion of all things "pet". The famous pet-disliker Salcedo, herself, even had a miny heartattack for baby kitty. Is it named yet? My vote would be Dawg or Cuchifrito!

    ReplyDelete
  10. disregard last post about naming the kitty...i just read the prvious post. Cuchifrito, BTW FYI, does not mean fried vajajay. its tasty fried puerto rican treats like pork rinds, blood sausage and platanos for ex.

    ReplyDelete