Thursday, June 7, 2007

Bike To The Beach, Camp Like Crazy People


This is my attempt to put the laboring back in Labor Day. I want to organize a ride from Prospect Park to the Montauk Lighthouse to conclude summer. And I want you to come. Why? Cause it'll be fun. If you're on the fence, think of it as blogger Teambuilding. Actually don't think of it like that. Think of it as chance to hang out while doing something sweaty. Or perhaps merely an unusual way to spend Labor Day. Anyway I've pulled together a couple of decent routes [with us covering anywhere from 60 to 120 miles per day] and would be happy to pull together a few more depending on who's interested and what our perceived abilities are. Ideally I see us leaving early Saturday morning September 1st and returning exhausted two days later on the Monday holiday - with at least some of the intervening time spent eating lobster rolls, drinking beer, and soothing our pissed off perinea in the sand.

Those unable/unwilling/unbikefriendly enough to join are encouraged to meet up with us in Montauk via the train. At the very least it could be an excuse to head to the beach together.

9 comments:

  1. Ashley and I will be on Sanibel Island that weekend. Sounds like a good time...good luck and godspeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thermos of bloody marys and I will meet you all in Montauk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes sir (providing your route involves no biking along the LIE).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excuse me, did you just say 120 miles per day?

    Twix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I can fit it in despite my starting school sometime around then, I will definitely be joining in for the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't, but I will certainly add it to the list of "Things I Wish I Weren't Missing in American."

    ReplyDelete