Thursday, May 3, 2007

It's Family Dinner Time



Ladies and Gentlemen, Children of All Ages,

It's time you forget about bees and think instead about beans.
You've heard it discussed, you've heard it dissected. Now it's time you heard it planned. Announcing:

The First Annual
Chile Con Carne(-Val)


Who: The Family (and Family friends, of course)
When: Monday night, 14 May, 2007. 5:00pm.
Where: 225 West 12th Street, Apartment 3H, New York, NY 10011.
What: The Chile Con Carne(-Val) is a two-part program combining a great chile cook-off (where you can each demonstrate your culinary skills by preparing your best chile recipe) with game night (which means we stay in and save money).
Why: Why not?

RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1.) Your dishes can be any variety of chile: red bean, black bean, white bean, vegetarian, chile dogs, frito pie, whatever you want.
2.) I only own scrabble, playing cards, and dominoes, so bring some games (note: the xBox is out of commission because the TV is broken).


Come get your grub on. But beware the killer beans.

7 comments:

  1. isn't it spelled chilI?

    either way i'm excited

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm bringing my grandmother's white chili - chicken & white beans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you so slyly mentioned frito pie, I guess I will bring the delish dish. Although, I wish you were doing this after I got back from NM so I could stock up on chile while I'm there....

    ReplyDelete
  4. dave, you may want to look into getting a port-o-potty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am down. as for spelling chili, i know you can spell the vegetable either way. i'm not sure about the dish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. che, chil(l)i cherishers. I will try to make it but it is my first day at the ole law firm (speaking of flatulence). I'd rather eat beans.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can't believe the TV is broken

    ReplyDelete