Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Adorable Cockroaches Free to Good Home!!!

I thought I would give you all first dibs since you are all such wonderful friends. Please follow this link for more details.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/pet/355935315.html

Actually, the posting has been flagged and removed. I guess craigslist doesn't have a sense of humor anymore. I did receive a few good comments though, which are copied after the posting.

"Dear Craigslisters,

I am looking for a responsible and loving person to adopt my sweet little babies. Well, they are not quite babies anymore, they are actually quite large (and fast!!), but it’s hard to believe that they have grown up so quickly!

I would absolutely keep them, but my live-in boyfriend is making me give them up. It was a hard choice.

I am really going to miss their shiny date colored peek-a-boo! appearances in the bathroom, waving their long spindly antennas and flexing their shellacked legs. I’m going to miss our rousing games of Chase the Cockroach through the kitchen, under the trash, into the bathroom, underneath the tub. Our apartment is going to feel mighty empty.

But, true love must prevail, and so the roaches must go.

Here are the details:
• 3 to 100 healthy one inch long beasties
• hard-wood floor colored (glistening reddish brown coats)
• nocturnal
• not picky about food (we find that they like pasta encrusted pans soaking in the sink the best, but it’s up to you)
• favorite housing structures include smelly shoes, holes around pipes, and dark cracks near sources of water (you must have at least one of these habitats in order to be considered)
• quiet, very friendly, but will get out of the way when you want them to

Really, they are the ideal pets, and I am not really sure why my boyfriend objects to them, his arguments make no sense to me (aren’t men silly?).

If you are interested, please reply by answering the following questions (I really want to find them the best home possible):
1) Do you regularly wash your dishes?
2) Do you have leaky plumbing?
3) Is your building old and full of nooks and crannies?
4) Do you like eating green beans from the can and then leaving the rest of the can on the counter?
5) Do you live alone and rarely have visitors?
6) Are you lonely?/
7) Do you need some persistent, unconquerable, loyal new friends with lustrous shells and a long, fascinating history?

Thanks!"


Some of the comments:
"Please dont be offended but is this a serious add?? thanx." - GeeNius06

"very funny,LOL!" - LOUISCRETELLA

"Now THAT was funny!" - Beetlejuice918

"you piece of shit.you must be a fat ugly faggot nerd who got nothing betta 2 do than to sit at ur fuccin computer for 3 hours,writing all of that fuccin bullshit,for what? no 1 is going to laff.that is juss plain stupidity and you should fuccin get hit by a city bus and be dragged 15 feet under the fuccin wheel,while ur intestines squish out of your vagina and asshole.you already kno your fuccin 1sec joke will be flagged and taken down,and ur IP banned so you cant post anymore...idiot..die like your grandmother!!!!!"
- Tony Tone (k1ngt0ne@yahoo.com)

"Yeah, sure. I'll bet this is one of those Cameroon scams. You say "free," then you tell me you are in the Peace Corps? And it will be $300 wired to your account! I'm no dummy.LOL" - CAngelica
"You are an irresponsible person.You should GET RID OF THE BOYFRIEND!LOL" - CAngelica
"NEVER offer anything on CL for free!!! LOL" - CAngelica
"Do you require references??? LOL" - CAngelica
(all of CAngelica's comments were sent in separate emails)

2 comments: